Remote, Experienced PHP Server Developer: £33k-£40k
Hi, we're Ocasta. We are a well established friendly, diverse team of 16 developers, designers, product managers and support based around the U.K. with a cluster in Brighton.
We are looking to expand our development team with a full-time experienced PHP developer. You will be working on projects that are built with CakePHP and Wordpress. You will ideally have a good working knowledge of one or both of these along with MySQL as we use this throughout our solutions. We also use NodeJS, MongoDB, Docker, Git and AWS. If you have no knowledge of these don't worry there'll be plenty of opportunity to learn. We'll also give you opportunity to learn new technologies - for example our typical stack on our most recent projects is Golang, GraphQL & Lambdas hosted on AWS.
Since lockdown we've abandoned our office and are now a fully remote company. With remote working comes more flexibility for all of us and we are happy to adjust your flexible work hours around your commitments. As a remote company we value good communication skills.
We're looking for people based in the UK because employment law and timezones are simpler that way. Once COVID settles down we'll start having regular get togethers. As many of us live in the vicinity of Brighton where our office used to be expect some trips to the seaside! We encourage anyone applying to read some of the Five minutes with... series of posts we have on our website where our Ocastars talk about why they enjoy working here.
- Write and maintain PHP code
- Use SQL databases
- Work with the team to develop specs and pricing
- Work with other developers or alone to deliver solutions
- Be involved in DevOps activities using AWS and Docker
- Join our daily online project stand-ups
- Create automated tests
- Learn new skills
- Support and bug fix new and existing projects
- Share thoughts on designs and concepts
- Perform code reviews - helping you and other team members write better code
- Participate in sprint planning
If these sound like the sort of thing you'd like to be doing every day please get in touch.
- A 35hr week with flexible hours
- 25 days annual holiday (+ bank holidays).
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay.
- Pawternity - take a day off if rehoming a rescue animal 🐶
- Monthly one-to-ones.
- Private healthcare (including mental health).
- 3% matched pension scheme.
- A hardware budget.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Help support under-represented groups in tech (such as Brighton's Codebar & MakerClub).
- Six-monthly discretionary bonuses based on company performance.
- Personal improvement budget for conferences, books and learning.
What to Expect If You Apply
- We will review your application within 7 days. The more you can tell us about yourself and your previous roles the easier it is for us to make a thorough evaluation of your suitability for the role. Links to code are helpful but not compulsory.
- After initial review we may be invite you to complete a short online assessment.
- We interview our final short list of candidates
- We might ask you to complete a short programming exercise. This is an opportunity for you to see a glimpse of the kind of work you'd be doing here, and for us to evaluate your technical skills. We would then follow up with a short meeting to discuss your submission.
- If all goes well we'll make you an offer.
Unfortunately at the moment we are not able to offer visa sponsorship.